Monday, May 10, 2010

My Garden

One of the things I have been interested in doing for awhile is having my own garden. I think it sounds so fantastic to be able to go outside to your little garden and pick all of the fruit and vegetables you will need for the day. So, my garden began as an idea in the winter. I bought a book and started reading. I bought the seeds and planted the ones I could plant in cold weather. So far, I have planted strawberries, peas, carrots, onions and lettuce. About a week ago I saw my first little sprouts; it was so cool!
Today I am going to plant the rest of my seeds as this is the day all gardeners around my area have been waiting for-the date when it is forecasted to be the last frost of the season. We did have a frost last night but the weather is supposed to be nice and warm this next week with some rain. Perfect!
So I am off to play in my garden. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: